All the advantages of a company fleet, without the hassle.
Easy access: use the mobile app 24/7 to reserve and access clean, fuel-efficient vehicles.
Save money on business transportation: less expensive than paying employees’ mileage and add or remove drivers to the Business Membership at any time at no cost.
Included in your plan: gas, insurance, maintenance, and even snow tires.
The benefits keep coming:
- Available for in-town or out-of-town business trips.
- Pay only for the hours and kilometers your business needs.
- Two services in one! Be spontaneous with FLEX, or plan your trips with round-trip reservations.
- Enjoy increased accountability. Receive one monthly itemized invoice for all drivers’ trips.
- No more scrambling for coin for the bridges or parking at the Airport. We have MacPasses in every vehicle – the toll will be on your monthly invoice.
- Hire the best person for the job regardless of whether they have a car.
- Promote sustainable commuting options such as transit or cycling, as employees will maintain access to vehicles for work trips.
First year FREE on the Value Extra plan (regular $35/month/organization)*
Go further with Value Extra:
- Preferred rates for the use of FLEX vehicles.
- It’s also possible, depending on the start/end times of your trip, to keep the vehicle overnight without incurring any additional charges.
- When using round-trip vehicles take advantage of Long Distance rates or maximize your savings with the Workday Rate – $19.20/10 hours, 40 km included.
- For complete daily, hourly, per km rates, and conditions, see the Value Extra plan details on the Rates page.
*Offer valid for a first subscription only.
Other plans available
- Value monthly fee: $7.50.
- Value Plus monthly fee: $17.50.
See the Rates page to find out the costs related to the use of vehicles for each of the plans offered
- Refundable membership bond: Business Members are required to pay a refundable membership bond of $1000 to join. (Not required for public institutions). Payable by credit card or cheque before the membership is activated.
The bond is non-taxable and fully refundable if you leave, after a minimum membership period of one year (three month’s notice required for reimbursement).
- Damage Protection: Choose your Damage Protection Plan, to limit your financial responsibility in the event of a collision or damage to a vehicle (at-fault or not). This annual cost covers all drivers on your account.
- $0 per collision or damage event: $16/month.
- $300 per collision or damage event: $12/month.
- $600 per collision or damage event: $1/trip.
- Billing accounts: We can set up different billing accounts if you are an organization with many departments, and want each department to receive its own invoice for more streamlined accounting.
Signing up your business is fast and easy! Fill out the Business Registration form to register the business, and use the Authorized Driver Registration form to register authorized drivers, who will be able to use vehicles on behalf of the business. Our Business Membership team will respond within 2-3 business days.
It is possible to separate your drivers into different accounts or billing units (a separate monthly invoice will be produced for each account). If you are interested in this feature, let us know in the message box on the registration form. Please include a name for each account, and tell us how to distribute drivers between the accounts. If your business has already signed up, use the Contact form to send us your request for this feature.
The Province of Nova Scotia, Dalhousie and Nova Scotia Health Authority are all members! If you are a department with any of these institutions, please complete the company information form and make sure to indicate the name of the department you wish to add. We will get back to you with all necessary information to complete your registration.
If your institution does not already have an account, contact us to learn more about carsharing for your institution and to discuss a plan especially designed for your needs!
Authorized Driver Information
The Account Administrator can add or remove drivers to the Business Membership at any time at no cost. To remove an existing driver or to modify the distribution of your authorized drivers between different accounts/billing units, if applicable, please use the regular Contact form to send us your request.
Documents to provide for each new driver:
- Copy of the front and back of their driver’s licence
- A recent record (maximum 3 months old) of their driving record
In Nova Scotia, you can request a driver abstract in person at a RMV Customer Services Centres or by mail at Service Nova Scotia. Communauto can also obtain driving records on behalf of Authorized Driver applicants, for a cost of $35/driver. More information on how to obtain driving records can be found under Service Nova Scotia.
* indicates a required field. The application will not be processed without this information.